The Plant Your Seeds of Transformation Podcast and Community
This is the podcast show and community created by the founder of SpousalCaregiver.org, Coach Donna Marie, to support black women leaders with becoming more self-aware so they can get unstuck and move forward in life and in love without continuing in old patterns rooted in toxic perfectionism and other unhealthy beliefs or thinking.
You can watch below or go to the main podcast website at PlantYourSeeds.show.
Dementia and Alzheimers
Other Caregiver Relevant Resources
- Ask Emma – Caregiver wellness assessment tool
- ALTER – for African-American faith communities to better support dementia caregivers
- Brain Health GA Event on 12/9 – registration link
- CTE Resources from Dr. Robert W. Turner, II PH.D
- CTE is a brain injury common in athletes
- (Dr. Turner’s resources include some financial compensation for family caregivers, along with caregiver training and other support)
- Dementia Family Conference Event by the Loving Through Dementia Ministry (of Due West UMC
- Upcoming webinar Date 9/24 – To Register Click Here
AARP Resources (not only for older adults, some are relevant for disabilities, too)
- HomeFit Guide – free download link
Mothering While Caregiving
Entrepreneurship for Moms
My husband was approved to join the CCSP-Medicaid program via our state/region’s department on aging/disability after he was first diagnosed and needed to leave work on disability.
In 2020, his social worker later approved him and referred him to have a family member become his live-in paid caregiver. This was a blessing for about a year, but that family member was no longer able to fill that role.
In 2021, due to the pandemic, his social worker sent a letter to a home health agency chosen by us in our current region so that they can hire me, his wife, as his caregiver.
[Both caregiver programs are called “structured family caregiving”.]
If you did not get access to the free COVID test kit program that the USPS was running, you can now buy rapid tests on your own that are affordable. Here is one from Amazon that we have been using which has over 170,000 reviews that give it 4.5/5.0 stars.
Recommended Blog Articles & Podcast Episodes
- “The Intersectionality of Spousal Caregivers“
- Lessons Learned from a Decade as a Spousal Caregiver (Apple Podcasts)
Other Resources for Spousal Caregivers
- Well Spouse Association – Support Groups and Other Resources
Thank you for visiting my resources page. These resources have been helpful to me, and I believe they will be helpful for others, too. So, I am referring you to them for your benefit. If you decide to click the links, they will know that I referred you and may compensate me for that, at no extra cost to you.